Saturday, August 2, 2008

Made it

OK, I've arrived in Kinshasa in one piece. Sorry for the lack of updates, but I don't have web access, nor do I have a car to get to an internet cafe. There aren't any near our apartment and we're supposed to be moving soon, and once we get to our new place we'll get web access (hopefully). Things have been okay so far - I'm spending a lot of time in our apartment. The water and power seem to go off once a day and my almost complete lack of French language skills is killing me. Today we got an outlet adaptor so I should be able to access the French classes on our laptop.

More to come...

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Charlie and Lindsay,
    I'm praying for you both as you acclimate to your new environment.
    Charlie, I think blogging was invented for you. You're so GOOD at this, it's a pleasure to read your entries.
    Love,
    Aunt Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you the Neil Diamond of the DRC yet? OR just running the local trivia night?
    Glad you both made it- talk with you soon- Love Brian

    ReplyDelete